People who practice gratitude are generally happier people. For those in recovery, gratitude must become a central part of life to help them with sobriety. When we have a positive attitude and behavior of gratitude; it can change our entire outlook on things.
Grateful people are:
- More Optimistic.
- Stronger at dealing with challenges.
- Have more energy.
- More in control of their lives.
- Think more clearly.
- Experience less stress.
- Live longer.
Three ways to start practicing gratitude.
- Appreciate the small things.
- Be grateful for your recovery.
- Help others.
How to cultivate an “Attitude of Gratitude.”
- Make a gratitude list in the morning.
- Record your gratitude each day in a journal.
- Show gratitude to others.
- Ask others about what makes them grateful.
- FOCUS ON THE GOOD, NOT THE BAD!!!